wcfselect ("we" or "wcfselect") is a business of WCF Ltd. We are committed to protecting your privacy and the security of the personal data that you provide.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 ("Act"), the data controller is WCF Ltd of Crawhall, Brampton, Cumbria CA8 1TN.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.wcfselect.co.uk ("our site"). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, where you enter any competition or promotion conducted on our site and when you report a problem with the site;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you do not have to respond to them);
- details of any purchases of products you make on our site and of the fulfilment of your orders; and
- details of your visits to our site [including traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data] and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your internet protocol (IP) address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password as part of registering to use our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Uses Made of the Information
We use the information we hold about you in the following ways:
- to process orders and deliver products to you;
- to take payments in relation to the purchase of our products by you;
- to inform you about information or offers which may be of interest to you
- to ensure that the content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
When you order a product on our site, we need to know your name, address, e-mail address, delivery address, and credit or debit card details. This allows us to process and fulfil your orders and to notify you of your order status. We also ask for your telephone number to allow us to contact you urgently if there is a problem with your order or delivery.
We may use your shopping history to help us advise you about merchandise that might interest you.
We also monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us continually develop the design and layout of our site. This will include the dates and times our site is visited, server addresses and web pages visited.
We may also use the information we collect to occasionally notify you about important functionality changes to our site and special offers we think you'll find valuable.
Disclosures of Your Information
When you place an order and make payment on our site your card information is passed directly to the banking network via a secure payment gateway. wcfselect does not hold or have access to any card information. The connection between your computer and the payment gateway is encrypted. Website pages are protected using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption and always begin with “https” rather than “http”. You will see this in the address bar near the top of the screen. We will never ask you for any credit card information by e-mail.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if wcfselect or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property or safety of wcfselect, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk protection.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on our order forms. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or WCF Select, Old Jam Works, Station Road, Wigton, Cumbria, CA7 9AX.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and wcfselect does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. We would recommend you check these policies before using any of these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.